Hi there! I’m Ashley Clair, a lifestyle photographer born, raised and living in Springfield, MO – home of Brad Pitt, Mother’s Brewing and Andy’s Frozen Custard. Most evenings and weekends you can find me hanging out at a local craft brewery (most likely 4 By 4 Brewing) with my husband and friends, at a Junior League meeting, doing yoga or Netflixing on the couch with my fur babies. I love working with pets, families and couples by capturing memorable moments in their lives.
My handsome husband, Michael, and I met my junior year in the Kickapoo High School theatre department. We’ve been married 7 years. Wow – time flies!!
Michael and I have two Goldendoodle fur babies, Stella and Jack. We’ve had Stella since she was an 8-week-old pup. She is sometimes a Sour Patch Kid, but she’s also my spirit animal. We gave Jack a home in October of 2016. He is all sweet with no sour. Stella and Jack are about the same age and people always think they must have been litter-mates. They were instant best friends. I couldn’t imagine our life without these dogs – they’re my kids! Sometimes Michael wonders if I love the dogs more than him, but don’t worry…there is enough love in my heart for everyone.
When I’m not taking photos or spending quality time with my family and friends, you can catch me volunteering with Junior League of Springfield or Rescue One, or working for the American Cancer Society of Southwest MO. I love serving the community I live in and doing my part to make the world a better place.
If you’re dying to hear more, here are five things you might not know about me:
- I love to travel! You can follow my travel journeys on my blog. My favorite US destinations that I’ve had the privilege of visiting are:
- Anywhere in Colorado – especially Fort Collins (great beer, beautiful views – the mountains are calling me!!!)
- Austin, TX (keep it weird; gorgeous natural springs!)
- Chicago, IL (city girl at heart/theatre lover)
- Fictional character I most admire: Leslie Knope, because she is a strong, driven woman who loves her community and friends.
- Celebrity I most admire: Audrey Hepburn, because she was so classically beautiful and a dedicated philanthropist.
- Favorite animal: You might think this would be obvious considering how much I just raved about my two Goldendoodles, but my favorite animal is actually the Orca whale…thanks, Free Willy! (Don’t get me wrong, Stella and Jack are still bae.)
- I am a Missouri State graduate with a BS in Marketing and a Minor in Theatre. I LOVE owning my own photography business, because I get to use both the creative, artistic side of my brain along with the more analytical, business side. It’s really the best of both worlds.